Friday, May 11, 2012

I print more shirts than I got grey hairs...

...and that's a lot because I got my share
I put that photo in x-lareg in honour of the beastie boys label.
I was wearing this shirt about 7 hours after i heard the sad news.
I was amazed at the number of people that commented on it in the days following.
It seems a very wide range of people were touched by Adam Yauch.
Even if very few of them could pronounce it. I heard the other boys give him shout outs in many many song and never rhymed it with Ouch. Unlike the Radio Active Dj who claimed to be such a long time fan.
I had that Cookie Puss record when you were in nappies son.
I have had the sounds of science in the car stereo all week and am so gutted that there will be no additions to the beastie canon.
What a shame.
Personally I think the reason the BEastie Boys resonate so widely is because so many people grew up with them, and I mean GREW.
Listening to Licensed you wouldn't think that 15 years later these guys, MCA especially, would be at the spearhead of a human rights movement.
anyway I already miss Adam Yauch and I never even met him. ALthough he almost landed on me stage diving at the marquee show in '92.

No comments:

Post a Comment